Monday, April 7, 2008

Sophie is 20 months old (4 days ago)!

Hello everyone!


It's been a couple of weeks since my last post, and a lot has happened since then, so let's catch up!


First of all, the star of the blog turned 20 months old last Thursday! Only four months until her second birthday, and her first US-style birthday - I think we have to start planning now :)





We went to my mom's yesterday and had a collected Birthday meal for my sister Alli, my brother-in-law Brian, my step-father Wally, and myself.

Sophie got some un-birthday presents, of course...





Sophie loves her new Strawberry Shortcake doll!





And of course, like most kids, she likes playing with bows and packaging - she thinks her uncle Brian looks great in a bow!

Last week we went to Ikea and got a nice toy storage unit for Sophie's room, as well as a couple of floor cabinets that we have next to each other as a coffee table in the living room, also for Sophie's toy storage.



They look nice, and we are able to walk in her room and in the living room every once in a while.

I went back to work last week, which I did not want to do at all, but things have been going pretty well. The hardest part is getting my schedule in order - I get a couple of hours with Sophie before she goes to bed, then a couple more hours either with Stacy or as Larry time.

We're planning on having Sophie getting dedicated at our Church on mother's day, and then the next day, May 12th, is our appointment with the orthopedic doctors.

Sophie is getting better about going to sleep and getting her hair washed - the crying for both has greatly reduced - down to almost nothing for the bath, and only a minute or two for bed time.

Her latest thing is to spit when she doesn't want something to eat. We much preferred her just shaking her head "no".

Well, it's kinda late, and I have to get to sleep - talk to you all again soon!

In the next installment I'll post a neat little video from the weekend of March 28th
, when Sophie played Rock Band with us and Stacy's cousin, Angela!

Have a great night!

Larry

4 comments:

Gramma Terri said...

Pictures are great, but WE WANT VIDEO!! I really like the updates, you always do a nice job. Stacy, yoo hoo, can you update too, we like your perspective too. You forgot to tell about her "Happy Dance" when she likes her food. Too funny to watch. Love you All, MOM

Cal and Julie said...

You guys are awesome! We enjoy the pictures! We love filling our album to share with all our friends, not to mention the ones that are overflowing on our desks at work!

Does Sophie have a Birthday Wish List yet? You know grandparents never need an excuse to go shopping! Love Julie

Cal and Julie said...

Wow!!!! Sophia looks so happy as does mom and dad. Julie and I have numerous photos at our desks and enjoy showing off our grand daughter. Every body that sees her says she is so cute and we are such lucky grand parents. I could not agree more. We can not wait for the video and of course more photos to show off. Be happy and enjoy life. Love Grandpa Cal

Kirstin, Brad and Brayden Krueger said...

She is so cute! I can not believe how time has flown by! Almost 2 years old! WOW! I can not wait to meet her! She is precious!