Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sophie's Dedication

On Sunday (mother's day) Sophie had her dedication at our church.

Our church is part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, which is very similar to the baptist denomination, where children are dedicated (parents promise to raise their children in a christian home) instead of baptised (baptisms are a choice later in life)

Sophie's aunt Allison bought her a very nice dedication dress - she looked beautiful in it!



Sophie's only been to church with us a few times, but she loves music and claps or raises her hand when she likes the song.



I'll get the video up this week - but Sophie was a card during the dedication portion of the service - shaking her head at the pastor when he asked to hold her (the entire church laughed!)

While the pastor was praying, she was poking my eyes, since I had them closed...



She received a beautiful blue an green dedication quilt from the church, and I was a very proud papa.

After the service, we took our moms (and my sisters and aunt) out to a Chinese buffet for mother's day.

I made a card for Stacy as if it came from Sophie (who signed it), and she really liked it.

It was a good day!

3 comments:

Kirstin, Brad and Brayden Krueger said...

AW! What an amazing Mothers Day for Stacy! I can't wait to see the video! She looked cute in her purple dress and she seems to really enjoy the church music!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

TERRI said...

It was a wonderful day! Thank you for this wonderful day. My granddaughter was the cutest there, take my word for it!! Love you all, Gramma Terri

Stacy Z said...

Having Sophie's dedication on Mothers Day was the perfect day to have it. I will never forget it. It truly was a wonderful Mothers Day.
Kirstin & Brad, thank you for all of the wonderful comments you have left for us. I can't wait to read them after each new post from Larry. I look forward to hearing soon that you've had your little one.
Stacy