Friday, June 20, 2008

Video Extravaganza

Well, it's been a while since my last post - mostly because I've been very busy at work, but I made time to do a quick post tonight with a bunch of videos.

I can't find the tape that had Sophie's dedication on it - I'm hoping it's in the diaper bag or something. What I do have is stuff from Sophie's fittings, and even tonight when she took her own first stepd on her prosthetic leg - heretofore called her "super leg" - that's what we call it with her :)

Sophie kisses her kitty, Teddy:


Sophie Playing outside with bubbles on Memorial Day:

Sophie lays down in the kitchen:

Sophie's first fitting - this is prototype prosthetic for her leg:

The second fitting (Monday - June 16)

After working with her every night this week to just keep her prosthetic leg on for more than five minutes without a huge temper tantrum, we had our first big breakthrough tonight:

It's time for bed - I'll update again soon!

Larry

3 comments:

TERRI said...

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!! She is so precious. I can't wait for her to feel like it is part of her! God loves you all!!!!! 2 yr. old just have to wait and do it on their time schedule!!! Love you all and see you Sunday!!! MOM

Kristy said...

YAAAAAY Sophie!!!!!!!!
We are so proud of you, sweet baby girl!!
Big hugs from Oregon ~ Miss Ellie Grace and family :o)

Cal and Julie said...

I have tears in my eyes as I see the progress that Sophie is making. Just as the adoption process was "one step at a time", so will Sophie's getting used to her new foot and hand. God has blessed you both with the right amount of patience and encouragement that Sophie needs now as she makes yet another adjustment in her life. Our love to all and congratulations on your success! Grandma Julie