Thursday, January 31, 2008

Our flights to China are booked

We got the last details needed from our family coordinator today to book our flights. Our travel dates will be 2/21 to 3/6 instead of 3/5. Northwest didn't have a flight that we would be able to make it to on the 5th. So we will stay another night and leave the next morning. We were going to get an extra seat for Sophie. So we would have more room but we decided to save our money instead. Phew! One more thing done. We leave Thursday 2/21 on flight 19 at 1:10 pm and arriving the next day in Beijing at 9:15 pm. We are going through Tokyo to Beijing. Its about 16 1/2 ours of flight time going out (not including layover). We are on flight 12 coming back and our flight time is about 15 hours. Its strange, because of the earth's rotation we leave Beijing on 3/6 at 9:05 am and arrive in Minneapolis on 3/6 at 10:55 am. Its definitely not going to feel like a 2 hour flight. I'm sure our fellow passengers will feel the same way. :)

11 comments:

Kristy said...

Hey! We're on the same flight from Tokyo to Beijing! (did I spell those right..?)anyway - I'm pretty sure about the flights - I'll double check, how cool!!
Blessings ~

Stacy Z said...

Cool! If we are on the same flight, we should compare seat assignments. Maybe we can sit a little closer together. A little moral support is always good. :)

Kristy said...

YES! I agree!!
Do you mind if I link your blog to mine?

TERRI said...

Good thing I looked, 'cause Gramma would have been there on the wrong date and Larry didn't call me with the change. Bad Boy!!! Love you, MOM

Stacy Z said...

Kristy,
No, of course. Thank you. Can I link yours to mine?

Kristy said...

Of course!
Blessings ~

Kristy said...

Okay - wait a sec......did you mean 'no' you don't want me to link - or "no, it's fine", you want me to link??
Sorry ! Just making sure!!
;o)

Stacy Z said...

Kristy,
No I don't mind. Yes, of course you can link to ours. :) Thanks!

Rachelle said...

Hope you have a great trip! I am so jealous. You are going to meet the Gundersons. I have "known" Kristy through emails and blogging for about a year and a half. It is such an awesome thing, the way God puts certain families together. Enjoy your trip, its an awesome journey!

Rachelle said...

By the way, Sophie is beautiful!!!!

Stacy Z said...

Rachelle,
Thanks! Yes, it is awesome. We can't wait!! Thanks for visiting. :)