Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Beijing II: The Rest Stop

Just wanted to let everyone know that we got to Beijing safely.

The taxi trip to the hotel was a bit more than we expected, but now we know what to have on hand in the morning.

Sophie was pretty good on the flight here - it was about three hours. Even though she was tired, she fought going to sleep for the first half, then was a furnace on my lap for the rest of the trip.

We're going go natural for the trip from Beijing to Tokyo tomorrow morning, and probably use the old Benadryl trick on her for the long 10.5 hour flight to Minneapolis.

Please pray that we have a safe, comfortable, and largely Sophie-tantrum free trip tomorrow.

We'll see you all in 33 hours or so!

PS, we are scheduled to get in at 11:00 AM, but we also have to go through customs and immigration - so we may not be out sooner than 11:30 or noon - just an FYI...

Love you all, and thanks for your continued comments! We look forward to reading them as much as you look forward to reading our posts!

Larry

Oh, and one more thing - I cannot wait for some Taco Bell!

7 comments:

Great Auntie Terri said...

Yoo-hoo! I can't believe I'm the first person to post today - although, I suppose there's a chance you won't read this until you're already back here in MN. I fell asleep early, then woke (a middle-of-the-night-old-person thing) and headed straight down here to the computer. I am going to do my best to change my clients' massage appt.s Thurs. so I can see you guys at the airport. Hey, Larry - it was so easy to save all the photos to my album, thanks for doing such a great job through this whole journey. Is there a way to save the video clips? I can't figure it out. I'm imagining this blog won't be on the computer forever, right? Anyway, don't worry about replying unless you have time on your hands (ha-ha -- that won't be for approximately another 20 years!) The guys are all anxious to see and hold Sophie -- and of course, see her Dad and Mom! Do you guys have any Lavender essential oil? or Chamomile? Those two are gentle enough to use on Sophie to calm her during the flight. For example, when I'm done here I'll go put a drop under my nose to help me go back to sleep. You could put a drop or a few on the chest of whatever clothes she's wearing. It's a good idea anyway, since all essential oils are antibacterial and plane ventilation systems are famous for being dirty. Also, Lavender boosts the immune system. And I'm sure you know this, but you all have to drink LOTS of water (no, not Mountain Dew) on the flight. The humidity on the plane is only 2% (per my client the veteran flight attendant). Wish I could be there to fuss over you all (understatement). God Bless You! I love you all and will see you soon!

Gramma Terri said...

Yea! Auntie Terri won! She beat us to the 'puter today. Good idea on the lavender, have friends at work who use that. I am sooooo excited I could just (and probably will) CRY> You are coming home!!! Thank you God for all your blessings! I love and miss you and, and, and, SEE YOU SOON, MOMMY, DADDY AND SWEET SOPHIA!!!! Love you Lots, MOM

Auntie Alli said...

I can hardly believe that you will be home in just over a day. I am so excited!! We are all so blessed to have been able to share in this journey with you. You continue to be in our prayers! Look for us at tha airport tomorrow - oh wait, like you will be able to miss us!!
Love,
Auntie

Jennifer J said...

We are praying for a safe return for the three of you! We're looking forward to meeting Sophie!

Unknown said...

We are REALLY excited for your return...Yippy!

Really, Taco Bell?!?!
We may have to arrange that:)

You have been so missed and we are excited to see you Larry and Stacy and we really can't wait to see Princess Sophia!!

Have a safe and low stress flight.
See you soon!
Nick and Kendra

Kirstin, Brad and Brayden Krueger said...

We are praying you have a safe, easy, quick, and quiet safe home! I can't believe this day is here already! We can not wait to meet her. I wish we were closer to you guys! COngrats again (I can not say it enough) and we will see you one day soon back here in the US!!

Ang Moe said...

Larry... get the Baby Einstein videos to keep Sophie busy..

ANG MOE