Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday In Guangzhou

Good evening, everyone!

Well, we were sequestered in our rooms until 2:00 PM today so that we would be available to answer questions if there were any when our paperwork was presented to the US consulate. I am very happy to report that all 11 families paperwork is completed!

At 2:00 we met and went to the local tourist trap - err, shopping district. The good news is that we finished getting all of the gifts that we planned on for Sophie as she grows up, as well as a couple of items for us and for family. It is always fun to bargain, but I watched our friend Mark work his magic (of the linked Mark and Kristy's blog) - and wow! If he'd negotiated the Louisiana purchase, it would have cost us about $45.

Definitely fun to watch.

I got them down to about 65% on average of the asking price for the things we bought, so I'm happy with how that worked out.



I got a neat little Chinese chess set for myself (every time we go to a different country, I get a chess set specific to the country), and Stacy got a nice tea set and a couple of mother-of-pearl jewelry boxes.



Tonight we're getting together with another family for pizza or McDonald's - not sure which it will be, but it'll be better then either of us had last night.

I promise to get some video up tonight, so check back before you head to bed!

See you later!

Larry

3 comments:

Auntie Alli said...

I am glad you have been able to get out and about lately. At least that will help with the "four wall" syndrome. I bet you cannot wait to get home to your own bed. I think it is wonderful that you have been able to purchase things for Sophie while you are there. I know she will tresure them!! See you soon!

Gramma Terri said...

Wow, Alli really beat me today! I am happy that you are having adventures! The video you have for Sophia will be priceless for her. Dream of you all every night. Can't wait to see you all safe and home. Love you Lots, MOM

Ang Moe said...

Larry,

I have a way for you to get all the money back that you have spent the last 3 weeks. Jeopardy is having tryouts at the mall of America this Friday. One of the categories today is Jesus... I think you should try out...

Cousin ANG MOE