Thursday, February 28, 2008

Last Day In Harbin

Well, it's a little after 5 AM as I begin this post this morning, our last day in Harbin, China.

We leave the hotel at 12:30 for the airport, and our six hour flight to Guangzhou leaves at 3:05 PM.

Since we don't get in till 9 tonight, we're a little disappointed that we may not see any other families in our travel group today. We're kinda hoping that other families will be coming in as late as us so we can meet them in the airport.

Sophie has been complaining a lot when we change her diapers, but as soon as we are done, she'd fine. Sophie also takes after her mom and is crabby when she wakes up :)

We had a pretty good bath last night, Sophie is starting to have good fun in the bath, doing her hair is still the worst part, but we'll look for the shower hats as Jen suggested when we get to Guangzhou.

I took some pictures of China Street last night, but first a picture of Sophie getting ready for bed...



Isn't that the cutest smile ever? And she does it a lot!

Here's our hotel, the Harbin Holiday Inn:



And the place we had lunch at a few days ago:



A view down the street:



This is one of the places that they shot Blade Runner:



Just kidding - but it sure looks like it!

Lots of neon and lights:



A sculpture about halfway down the street:



Another Blade Runner setting - at least it could be:



My earlier comparison to Nicolet Mall in Minneapolis is pretty accurate - it has stores big and small along it's length, though China Street is a lot busier at night, and doesn't allow buses on it.

We only have two seats for the plane trip today, so it'll be good practice, I guess, for the trip from Tokyo to Minneapolis next week. So far we have an open seat from Beijing to Tokyo, so at least we'll have some space for part of the trip home.

I don't know if I'll make another post today, as we'll probably be very tired when we get into Guangzhou.

Talk to you all later!

Larry

4 comments:

Gramma Terri said...

She is quite the "little ham" for the camera! What a wonderful smile and look at all those Teeth!! Let me know the answers to my questions on previous blog asap. NEED TO KNOW! Miss you all,and can't wait to see you in Mpls!! Love you Lots, MOM

Cal and Julie said...

Here it is 7::00 in the evening in Virginia and I am looking at the cutiest little girl and her proud parents. It sure sounds like you guys are having a good time and Sophia is adjusting well. She looks so happy as does her mom and dad. I am glad we can have the pictures and the video to look at. Well half way there, in a week ya'll will be on your way back home. Man doesn't that sound good. I bet you can't wait to have a good down to earth meal again, huh!! Take care and I will talk to you again soon, Love, Grandpa, Cal

Auntie Alli said...

Mom and I just called a truce so that we both can get some sleep. Neither one of us can get up Saturday before 6am to look at the site. This will be difficult!! We do need to rest up for when she gets here though! I cannot wait!!! I love you all and I hope that you have a great time with the other families over the next few days.

MarcD said...

I've been wondering whether or not to go to Weihai or Heilongjiang next summer (those are the choices the university have given me) and I think those pictures have just helped me make my decision! Fanatastic photos, thanks for posting them up!