Friday, February 29, 2008

Saturday Morning In Guangzhou

Well we arrived here in Guangzhou just after 9 PM last night local time.

The flight turned out to be around 5 hours in the hair, with a half hour layover in Dalian.

Sophie had a temper tantrum (we wouldn't let her kick or throw the seats in front of us) about every half hour, except for the hour she slept during the second, longer leg of the flight. It was not fun.

We have three more flights until we get home, and then I'm not getting on a plane again for a long time...

We met up with Tammi, Greg, Kristen, and their new addition Matthew last night at the airport - but there wasn't a lot of time to catch up.

We're in the China Hotel, which is apparently a Marriott hotel. It's pretty nice - definitely 4.5 stars. We have a soft bed, and there's good water pressure in the shower, Stacy is happy to report.

We aren't sure what's going on today, except that we have some paperwork to do, and we get to meet up with all of the other families!

We need to go to a store today and get a stroller and some beverages - hopefully we'll find something that's not too expensive.

Gotta run and eat breakfast, we're meeting everyone in an hour...

Hopefully there'll be a standard nap time post later on today (Saturday morning for those at home) with pictures and video.

Talk to you all later!

Larry

5 comments:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
orsund12 said...

WOW!!!! That's all I have to say... I haven't been on here in a couple days so I had to go back and get caught up on everything - she's so perfect I love the tickle session - it's just awesome to hear that she has grown attached to you guys. I think that makes it so much easier on you! I was laughing when you talk about all the food over there - because probably like everyone that thinks of China - you think of the Chinese food over there is the same as the US and I guess it’s not… but the stories of the KFC, McDonalds, and Pizza Hut are just hilarious but I still can’t get over the fact that it’s so different! I can’t wait for us to come see you as a whole family in Minnesota! Take care and have fun the rest of the week there!!! Lots of Love, Jenni Orsund

Joe and Kari Stark said...

Congrats :)-- I"ve been reading your blog but havent had a chance to leave a message!! I'm so Happy for you-- cant wait to meet Sophie!! :) Love, Joe and Kari

Gramma Terri said...

When you see the Dr. for her physical can you ask if there is anything you can give Sophia to calm her down? Some baby Tylenol or Benedryl so she can sleep more on your long journey home? I know that there are others who travel with children and there is something that will work. Can you sit in the back of the plane,so she can see the flight attendants? I just wish I had more ideas for you.She is so precious, but this is all too new and overwhelming for her. You will get through this rough patch and all will be better at home! I love you and miss you so much. Love you Lots, MOM P.S. Want longer video of her talking and singing. Too wonderful!

Auntie Alli said...

What a ham!! How precious!! I know that your journey home will be long, but well worth it. I am counting down the days until you all come home.